Welcome to tracking of income and expenses for the month. Please note that I get paid on the last day of the month so my cash flow net effect will usually be negative until the last day of the month.
This does not mean that I am adding to my debt, it just means that the money coming in is less than the money going out because bills are due starting on the first but I don’t get paid until the last day.
So again to clarify (since I get so many questions), this shows the cash FLOW for the month. On Day 2 of every month I will have a negative FLOW because I have paid rent etc so money has LEFT my checking account. I have not had any money come in on Day 2 of the current month since I got paid on day 27 or 30 or 31 of the previous month so that income is counted for LAST month.
Income for the month to date: $100.47
Expenses for the month to date: $890.65
Net effect: -$790.18
Since the last posting I have paid rent and all other apartment associated costs. I got $5 off my rent for filling out some survey for the apartment. I know that a lot of other people did not do it because they thought the survey was a waste of time. It was about 6 questions where you had to tick boxes so I did that while I watched television so it was not a hassle for me. Yaaay, $5 off my rent to go towards my snowflake account.
I also spent $64.16 on food and $17.41 on household items. I used $3.76 in coupons on those two purchases and that does not include the $30 coupon where I got the free diabetes testing kit. I put $10 in church and paid two personal loans.
The income for the month came from a combination of private ad sales and interest from my ING accounts.
I will see you guys and gals later as I continue my journey to save money and become debt free!!!!
Keeping track of finances is always a good idea because i know that it certainly helps me see in which area i am spending the most money on for that month and then allows me to better manage my budget for the following month. And good thing you filled out that survey! Saving a couple of dollars in the long run will definitely add up and why not take a couple of minutes out and get a discount on your rent! Looking forward to more articles from you.
I think only about 6 people redeemed their $5 coupon out of the entire complex. Most people thought it was not worth it. That is a $5 footlong they could buy but hey!!!!!
Hm….I wish they gave us a discount for filling up surveys. My apartment has been constantly skyrocketing in price.
Well this is my third year living here and this is the first time I have seen this survey with a discount thing. I have lived in other apartments and never saw a discount program like that.
HOW TO SAVE …….UPDATED INFORMATION
1. ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVOUR…YOU DON’T HAVE TO LOOK AT BANK ACCOUNT ANYMORE….YOU’LL ALWAYS BE TAKEN CARE OF. THE LORD DOES THAT. HE DID IT FOR ME. WALK DOWN THE AISLE AND ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVOUR. TELL THE MINISTER THAT. TELL HIM YOU WANT TO BE BAPTIZED. TELL THE MINISTER YOU WANT TO RETURN TO THE LORD.
2.USE INEXPENSIVE HOUSEHOLD ANETHETICS SUCH AS CLEAR ALCOHOL, WINTERGREEN ALCOHOL, ARTHRITIS RUB, GREEN MINT MOUTHWASH, BLEACH, TOOTHPASTE, DR TICHENORS CONCENTRATED MOUTHWASH, ETC – HERE ARE A FEW RECIPES:
1/4 CUP OF WINTERGREEN RUBBING ALCOHOL
1/4 ARTHRITIS SPORTS RUB
2 CUPS OF WATER
MIX IN SPRAY BOTTLE. CLEAN COUNTERS, SHOWERS, TOILETS, FLOORS – CARPET & TILE.
4. BED LINEN CLEANER – ANETHISIZE SHEETS DAILY:
2 OZ OF WINTERGREEN RUBBING ALCOHOL
2 OZ OF ARTHRITIS SPORTS RUB
2 OZ OF GREEN MINT MOUTHWASH
2 CUPS OF WATER
MIX IN SPRAY BOTTLE AND SPRAY BED LINEN SHEETS DAILY. LET DRY.
5. FLOOR CLEANER: (FOR CARPET OR TILE OR WOOD)
1/2 CUP WINTERGREEN RUBBING ALCOHOL
1/2 CUP ARTHRITIS SPORTS RUB
1/4 CUP BLEACH
2 CUPS OF WATER
MIX IN SPRAY BOTTLE AND CLEAN FLOORS.
6. EVERY TOP BED MATTRESS SHOULD HAVE A PROTECTIVE PLASTIC COVER AND SHOULD BE CLEANED DAILY. DO THIS. THERE WILL BE NO BACTERIA ON THE BED.
7. THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH PRODUCTS AROUND THE HOUSE TO ELIMINATE POISONING.
MIX A SMALL DOLLOP/QUANTITY OF DR TICHENORS CONC MOUTHWASH, COLOGNE, OR BODY SPRAY WITH THE FOLLOWING IN A SMALL CONDIMENT DISH: MIX WHEN YOU USE IT
HAIR SHAMPOO & HAIR CONDITIONER
FACE MEDICATED PRODUCTS – REVITALIZERS
ALOE VERA AFTER SUN GELS
ALOE VERA GELS
AFTER SUN MOISTURIZERS – TROPICAL
BODY LOTION – ALL BRANDS
HAIR REMOVER LOTIONS
HAIR OINTMENT PRODUCTS
8. CLEAN THE BATHROOM SHOWER WITH TOOTHPASTE AND SOAP DAILY.
9. CLEAN DAILY.
10. KEEP A CLEAN CAR – USE MEGUAIRS WIPES – SPRAY THEM WITH INDIAN ORRIS COLOGNE SUCH AS OBSESSION. (MENS/WOMEN OBSESSION COLOGNE)
11. WEAR ALL WHITE. WEAR 2 WHITE T-SHIRTS AND A PAIR OF SHORTS.ECCLESIASTES 9:8
12. USE NIGHT LIGHTS AT NIGHT WHEN UP – WHEN YOU GO TOO BED, HAVE 1 NIGHT LIGHT IN THE KITCHEN. TURN OFF NIGHT LIGHTS DURING THE DAY.
13. DON’T USE OVERHEAD 60W LIGHTS
14. CLEAN WITH COLOGNE AND BODY SPRAY. HOUSE SHOULD SMELL GOOD.
15. HAVE NO CREDIT CARDS
16. HAVE NO DEBIT CARD – DEAL WITH CASH
17. GROCERY BUDGET A MONTH SHOULD BE $200/MON
18. LIGHT BILL BUDGET A MONTH SHOULD BE $100/MON
19. IN THE WINTER, WEAR SWEATERS, IN THE SUMMER, USE IONIZER FANS
20. KEEP $300 CASH ON YOU AT ALL TIMES
21. CARPOOL BACK AND FORTH TO PLACES – WORK, GROCERY STORE, ETC – ASK THEM TO DROP YOU OFF THEN PICK YOU UP – DO THEM A FAVOR
22. KEEP LOW NATURAL GAS BILL $200 IN THE WINTER BUDGET, $50 IN THE SUMMER
23. MIN CONDOMINIUM NOTE IS $600/MON
24. DON’T BUY INTERNET FOR HOUSE – USE LIBRARY INTERNET AND PC – DO BUSINESS THERE
25. USE GOLD ANTIBACTERIAL DIAL SOAP
26. USE CHLOROX BLEACH TO KEEP CLEAN HOUSE
27. DON’T TRAVEL, STAY HOME
28. BUY AND USE INDIAN ORRIS COLOGNES FOR CLEANING:
29. EAT STAPLE FOODS (SHOP AT DOLLARTREE)
NONFAT DRY MILK
CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
CREAM OF TOMATO SOUP
30. TAKE 3 BATHS A DAY – 5 MIN SESSIONS
31. USE $1 – DOLLARTREE -IMPRESSION OF COLOGNE
32. READ BIBLE 4 TIMES A DAY
33. PUT TWIN SIZE BEDS IN BEDROOMS – BEINGS SHOULD SLEEP ON TWIN SIZE BEDS
34. LOVE EVERYONE YOU MEET AND SMILE OFTEN
35. LOSE WEIGHT AND BE THIN BY EATING KALE & SOYCREAM TWICE WEEKLY. HERE IS THE RECIPE:(YOU MUST ADD THE FRUIT JUICE)
KALE & SOYCREAM:
2 CUPS OF SOYCREAM
3 TBSP OF CONCENTRATED CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
ISRAELI SPICES – 2 TBSP OF MINT, 2 TBSP OF TARRAGON, 2 TBSP CUMIN, 2 TBSP OREGANO
1/4 CUP OF ORANGE JUICE
1/4 CUP APPLE JUICE
1/4 CUP PINEAPPLE JUICE
BUY (1) BUNCH OF KALE FROM GROCERY STORE. PUT IT IN THE SINK AND WASH IT WELL. CLEAN WITH SOAP AND WATER. RINSE THOROUGLY. BREAK INTO SMALL PIECES. STEAM IN STEAMER FOR 40 MINUTES.
1/2 CUP OF SOYMILK
2 TBSP OF BUTTER – SALTED LAND O LAKES
1 PKG OF PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE
1 CUP OF HOT STEAMING WATER
1/2 CUP OF WHIPPED TOPPING OR HEAVY CREAM
MIX ALL SOYCREAM INGREDIENTS IN ELECTRIC SKILLET AND SIMMER 30 MIN.
AFTER KALE IS READY, ADD KALE TO ELECTRIC SKILLET THAT HAS THE SOYCREAM IN IT. BRING TO A BOIL. SIMMER FOR 40 MIN.
36. I AM THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST. SO ARE YOU EVENTUALLY. JESUS CHRIST IS THE FIRST CHRIST. ALL OTHERS ARE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST. DEAL WITH IT.