When most people think of the word budget they immediately think of deprivation and having no fun. They look at a budget as a restriction on their current life, instead of a plan for spending that allows you to have better life in the future.
I love budgeting because it allows me to allocate money to various wants and needs and still lets me have fun because I know that I can cover my fun purchases.
Here is a list of 5 ways that you can spoil yourself while keeping your budget in check.
1. Sleep In. At least five days a week we get up early and begin the rush to get ready for work. For those of us who have the luxury of a weekend off, why not take one day and sleep in for a little bit.
2. Home Spa. You do not need to go an expensive spa to get some rest and relaxation after a hard day at work. Take a look around your home and I am sure that you can find a few things to give yourself some pampering right in your closets. Break out that bubble bath that you got as a Christmas gift and light up those candles that your coworker gave you.
3. Me time. You might be the person who is always doing for everyone else. Why not take some time to pamper yourself? Get yourself away from the computer and the telephone and all the other demands in your life. Take some time to reflect on why YOU are special to you and relax your mind.
4. Be the guest. You have been saving those nice towels and sheets for when you have guests and they are just languishing in the linen closet. Take some time out to make your bed once in a while with those nice sheets and use that fancy soap for yourself. You will feel better just from using something that you do not normally use on a regular basis.
5. Get flowers. You can buy a low priced bouquet at a store like Walmart and instantly glam up your home. You don’t have to spend a lot to get a great look and flowers give you a great emotional boost from just looking at them.
Those are five simple ways that you can spoil yourself without breaking your budget so try one today.